Tuesday, March 8, 2016

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | ANISHA DHIMAN
PublishedMar 8, 2016, 
Despite creating history, Satyavathi maintains that her job remains just the same.
Satyavathi, AP’s first woman locomotive pilot


When Satyavathi cleared the Railways examination in 1999, little did she know that she would be working in a field where she would hardly find any woman to work alongside with.

“I did have a challenging time adjusting to such an environment, and I even doubted myself. But it was later that I realised that I need to prove myself that I can be as good as anyone else,” says Satyavathi, who created history when she became the first woman loco pilot in Andhra Pradesh by driving the Mathrubhoomi Ladies Special MMTS train in 2012.

“Fortunately, women are now showing more interest in getting in this line of work, and I am glad change is taking place.”

Despite creating history, Satyavathi maintains that her job remains just the same. She still has to report to work at 5.30 am, many a times work till late in the night.

“Just because I am a woman, doesn’t mean the tasks I have to perform are altered in any manner; there is no room for any error,” she says, adding, “I also love taking care of my family, who have been encouraging and supportive despite the demands of my profession.”

0 comments:

Welcome To AILRSA....

Visitors

Admin Area

Blog Archive

AILRSA 1970 - . Powered by Blogger.

Are You Satisfied with 7th Pay commission ?

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Text Widget

Followers

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------