Friday, October 25, 2013

Greek municipal workers protest comments of finance minister in Athens

On October 17, Greek municipal employees protested in Athens against the New Democracy/PASOK government’s austerity measures. Workers protested outside the Finance ministry of Finance Minister Yannis Stournaras.

Recent comments by Stournaras have angered many who are living in severe poverty. Stournaras said, “I know what it’s like to live on 500 euros (a month). There are people in my family who live on very little money. My mother, my father-in-law, my mother-in-law. I know very well what this means.”
Figures released earlier this month showed that 1.36 million people were unemployed in July. Greece’s unemployment was more than double the euro zone’s average of 12 percent in August.

0 comments:

Welcome To AILRSA....

Visitors

Admin Area

Blog Archive

AILRSA 1970 - . Powered by Blogger.

Are You Satisfied with 7th Pay commission ?

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Text Widget

Followers

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------