Sunday, March 14, 2010

To
The Chairman,
Railway Board,
Rail Bhavan,
New Delhi.

Respected Sir,

Sub:- Proceedings of Central Working Committee meeting of All India Loco Running Staff Association., held at Visakhapatnam, East Coast Railway on 11th and 12th March 2010.

Extended Central Working Committee meeting of All India Loco Running Staff Association was held at VMC Hall, Visakhapatnam of East Coast Railway on 11th and 12th March 2010. The Meeting was presided by a presidium consisted of Com L.Mony Central President and Com N.Sarkar Working President, meeting was attended by representatives from all the 16 zones. The meeting adopted the following resolutions for necessary action from appropriate authorities.

RESOLUTIONS:

ON FAST TRACK COMMITTEE

The CWC meeting of AILRSA held at VSKP on 11th and 12th of March welcome the decision of Railway board to constitute the Fast Track Committee to redress the grievances of loco running staff in a war footing. This meeting urges the committee to consider the memorandum submitted by AILRSA dispassionately and do injustice with in the time frame to this most important category of workers. We also request the committee to give an opportunity to meet the representatives of this association to give evidence in support of the demands.

ON CONCILIATION PROCEDURE

The Labour ministry has decided to intervene and mediate in settling the grievances of Loco Running Staff arose out of 6th Central pay revision and inhuman application of outdated rules on working conditions in railways. This meeting express gratitude to the Central Labour Commissioner who initiated for bilateral talks to find a mutually agreeable solution for the grievances, at the same time we request the Labour Ministry to take due care to arrive at a decision at the earliest possible and there by ensure harmonious industrial relation .

INHUMAN TREATMENT ENSUED AGAINST LOCO RUNNING STAFF OF KURDHA ROAD

The Sr.DME/KUR ordered dismissal to a Sr. Loco Pilot/Mail Sri P.K.Sahoo and Sr. Asst Loco Pilot Sri K.C.H.Panda for demanding just 3 hrs sleep before his second night duty. On the ilfateful day they had to take rest in a asbestos roofed room where a total power failure, the temperature was 49 degrees at kharaghpur. It was impossible to take proper rest. The fact was substantiated by their own action itself as the next day itself 16 pedestal fans were provided arrangements of external electrical supply is erode etc. Despite of the fact the controlling officer behaved merciless to dismiss both poor and dedicated employees only to hide his failure to ensure proper facilities in running room.
It is shameful for any civilized and democratic society that a loco pilot who is shouldering the burden of railway safety get dismissed for expressing inability to maintain his concentration and alertness demanded by his duties after a spell of 12 hrs and 25 minutes of tideous duty. This action of Sr.DME/KUR is shocking the conscious of every body.
Two Sr. Asst Loco Pilots viz. Sri S.N.Sahoo and K.S.Rao II are dismissed for making a remark on the call book served to them at VSKP is nothing but clear violation of DAR powers with a sole motive to wreck vengeance. The very purpose of disciplinary rules and powers vested with officers is to correct the erring employees. But here is as usual a fatal weapon. Sri J.P.Dandapath LP/G/CTC also being under suspension for a long time.
Many loco pilots and Assistant Loco Pilots are transferred to far of places violating all norms to terrorise staff. Large number of major penalty and minor penalty charge sheet are also issued in this division.
This association wish to point out that KUR division is running with the worst vacancy position as 22 % posts vacant and there is an increase of 26% in traffic. Altogether the division is running with a shortage of 48% staff and entire staff is at the verge of a break down.
So this CWC demand the General Manager E.Co.Rly to intervene immediately to instruct the Appellate Authorities to cancel the inhuman punishments imposed and to reverse revengeful orders of transfers and penal actions

Yours Sincerely,


(M.N.Prasad)

0 comments:

Welcome To AILRSA....

Visitors

Admin Area

Blog Archive

AILRSA 1970 - . Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Are You Satisfied with 7th Pay commission ?

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Text Widget

Followers

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------