Sunday, October 29, 2017

STAFF REPORTER THE HINDU VIJAYAWADA , OCTOBER 28, 2017 
Technical snag in diode panel cited as reason

The locomotive of the Machilipatnam-Secunderabad Express train caught fire late on Friday night. The alert loco pilots and the guard extinguished it in time and prevented a mishap.

According to the railway officials, the main locomotive of the multiple-engine train (No.12749) caught flames due to a technical snag in diode panel. Loco pilot Syed Mohammad Basha, who observed smoke emanating from the engine, stopped the train near Indupalli.

Mr. Basha, guard Basavaraju Narahari and assistant loco pilot Ch. Murali put out the flames with extinguishers and operated the train with single engine up to Vijayawada. The train was delayed for about two hours due to the problem. Seshadri Express bound for Benguluru was also delayed, said Vijayawada Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) R. Dhananjayulu.

“All the passengers, loco pilot, assistant loco pilot and other staff were safe. The alertness of the loco pilots and the guard saved the situation. The train scheduled to reach Vijayawada at 10.40 p.m. arrived two hours late,” the DRM said.

“For the first time I saw fire in the locomotive when I was on duty. Around 10.30 p.m, we saw fire and smoke from the engine and alerted the guard and the station manager, who arranged a fire tender. With the help of the locals and some passengers, we put out the flames and stopped the engine to cool for 30 minutes,” said Mr. Basha.

“We prevented flames from spreading to the bogie and brought the train safely to the next station. The passengers thanked us for the timely response,” the loco pilot said.

0 comments:

Welcome To AILRSA....

Visitors

Admin Area

Blog Archive

AILRSA 1970 - . Powered by Blogger.

Follow by Email

Are You Satisfied with 7th Pay commission ?

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Text Widget

Followers

-------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------